Lingfield Park Racecourse
As an all-weather track, one of only four in the United Kingdom, Lingfield can offer the best of all worlds, staging winter Flat races on the synthetic and summer races - Flat and National Hunt - on turf during the sunnier season. If you fancy a few holes on the golf course before a meeting, Lingfield's green, situated on a sprawling 450 acre estate, caters for just that. And with an average of over 80 race meetings every year Lingfield Park will never cease to surprise you.
Map To Lingfield Park Racecourse
Address: Lingfield Park Racecourse, Lingfield, Surrey RH7 6PQ
Phone: 01342 834 800
History of Lingfield Park Racecourse
Lingfield Park was opened in 1890 by none less than the Prince of Wales (soon to be King Edward II); an honour that was still furthered when his Majesty allowed Lingfield Park to incorporate the three Prince of Wales feathers in its official heading. The modern logo of the racecourse still proudly displays the three feathers, be it on stationary or their web site.
Until 1894 Lingfield Park hosted exclusively National Hunt races, making the most of the excellent Jump racing condition of the course. However, the Jockey Club finally granted Lingfield Park the permission to branch into Flat racing four years after the track's opening.
Since then Linfield Park has been hosting races of both varieties continuously - safe a short period during World War II when the land was requisitioned. Today Lingfield Park sports a £5.5 million Grandstand, which was completed in 2004, and an adjoining golf course.
Notable Races of Lingfield Park Racecourse
- Chartwell Fillies' Stakes - a Grade 3 Flat race over a distance of 7 furlongs held in May, which is open to fillies and mares aged three and over.
- Lingfield Derby Trial - Open to three-year-old colts and geldings, this race is run over 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 106 yards.
- Lingfield Oaks Trial - this is a listed race for three-year-old thoroughbred fillies. It is run over a distance of 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 106 yards.
- Winter Derby - every March this race is conducted over a distance of 1 mile and 2 furlongs, on Lingfield Park's famed Polytrack. It is open to thoroughbreds aged four and over.
National Hunt Races:
- December Novices' Chase - a Grade 2 race open to horses four years of age and over, this novice chase is run over 3 miles.
- Summit Junior Hurdle - another Grade 2 event, run over a distance of 2 miles and 110 yards. It is open to horses aged three.
How to Get to Lingfield Park Racecourse
Note: Lingfield Park Racecourse is a convenient 5 minute walk from Lingfield Station.
You can take either the M23 and leave at Junction 9, or the M25 and leave at Junction 6. Lingfield Park racecourse is located south-east of Lingfield on B2028 Edenbridge Road.
Lingfield Park Racecourse Facilities
Suites: Lingfield Park Racecourse features a number of private suites which all afford excellent views of the track and course. The 'Directors' and 'Grandstand' suites have their own viewing balconies. The 'Upper Eclipse' suite offers great views and Victorian architecture. The 'Lower Eclipse' suites cater for small, intimate gatherings, whereas the 'Pavilion' suites are the place to be with a large group.
Packages: The hospitality packages available when you book a private suite include a large array of warm and cold beverage options, pastries and three course meals or buffet style catering, betting facilities and much more.