2013 Queen Anne Stakes Betting Preview
The Queen Anne Stakes is the opening event of the 2013 Royal Ascot Festival and is set to be one of the most exciting races of the meeting with 2011 Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom aiming to become the first United States-trained horse to win a Group 1 race during the famous festival.
Animal Kingdom (8/11) winner is a clear favourite in the 2013 Queen Anne Stakes betting market at Bet365 followed by Declaration of War (7/1) and Elusive Kate (8/1).
Animal Kingdom is the shortest price favourite of the entire meeting but can any of the other horses in the field cause a Queen Anne Stakes boil over? Our team of racing experts have analysed the form guide facts to come up with the best Queen Anne Stakes bets.
2013 Queen Anne Stakes Form Guide Facts
- The 2012 Queen Anne Stakes was won by the Sir Henry Cecil-trained Frankel who was ridden by Tom Queally.
- Queally will ride John Gosden-trained Gregorian in the 2013 edition of the race.
- Animal Kingdom and Gregorian are both last start winners.
- Chil The Kite and Sovereign Debt have previously won at Ascot.
- Animal Kingdom and Elusive Kate have won at Group 1 level.
- Nine of the last ten runnings of the Queen Anne Stakes have been won by previous Group 1 winners.
- Chil The Kite, Declaration of War, Gabrial, Penitent, Sovereign Debt, Trade Storm, Trumpet Major and Elusive Kate have won over a mile.
- Four-year-olds have won seventeen of the last twenty-one runnings of the Queen Anne Stakes. Animal Kingdom, Libranno, Monsieru Chevalier, Penitent and Trade Storm are the only non-four-year-olds in the field.
2013 Queen Anne Stakes Trifecta Tip
Animal Kingdom (8/11) from Elusive Kate (8/1) and Trumpet Major (33/1)
Although Animal Kingdom has history against him he is, by far, the standout contender in the field and probably the safest bet of the entire 2013 Royal Ascot Festival. The five-year-old is making his European racing debut but his victory in the Dubai World Cup has proven that he is capable of handling travel. The only other question mark is whether the Graham Motion-trained galloper can handle a rain affected surface but that shouldn’t be an issue with conditions expected to be excellent for the opening day of racing.
Elusive Kate will be making her first appearance since her third place finish behind Excelebration in the 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes last October. The Elusive Quality filly is the only other horse in the field that is proven at Group 1 level and hasn’t missed a placing in her last five races, which have all been at racing’s highest level. She must be included in all trifectas and combined with Animal Kingdom is an excellent exacta play.
The inconsistent Trumpet Major produced a shocker in the Lockinge Stakes but on his day is capable of competing with the very best. He was very impressive in the Group 2 Bet365 Mile and if he can repeat that performance will certainly finish in the top three. At his current odds the Arakan colt is a good each-way bet.
You can find the best 2013 Queen Anne Stakes odds at Bet365.
- Read more news on: 2013 Royal Ascot Festival, Animal Kingdom, Arakan, Bet365 Mile, Chil The Kite, Declaration of War, Dubai World Cup, Elusive Kate, Elusive Quality, Excelebration, Frankel, Gabrial, Graham Motion, Gregorian, John Gosden, Kentucky Derby, Libranno, Lockinge Stakes, Monsieru Chevalier, Penitent, Queen Anne Stakes, Queen Anne Stakes betting, Queen Anne Stakes odds, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, Sir Henry Cecil, Sovereign Debt, Tom Queally, Trade Storm, Trumpet Major