2013 Scottish Grand National Betting Preview
The 2013 Scottish Grand National is one of the most anticipated in recent history with Grand National winner Auroras Encore aiming to become the first horse since the great Red Rum in 1974 to win both Grand Nationals in the same year.
Auroras Encore will face some stiff competition with leading trainer such as Donald McCain, David Pipe and Nigel Twiston-Davies sending quality jumpers to the event.
The current favorite in the Scottish Grand National betting market at Bet365 is Rival D’Estruval (6/1), followed by Big Occasion (8/1), Godsmejudge (9/1) and Always Right (9/1).
The Scottish Grand National is an incredibly difficult race for punters so our team of racing experts have analysed the form guide facts and betting statistics for the race to come up with their top selections that will hopefully be as successful as our tip of Auroras Encore who saluted at odds of 81/1 in the Aintree Grand National.
2013 Scottish Grand National Form Guide Facts and Betting Statistics
– The 2012 Scottish Grand National was won by Andrew Parker-trained Merigo who was ridden by Timmy Murphy.
– Parker does not have a runner in the 2013 edition of the race but Murphy will ride Rival D’Estruval.
– Auroras Encore, Always Right, Big Occasion, Neptune Equester and Monster Cadou are all last start winners.
– Auroras Encore, Garleton, Lively Baron, Mister Marker, Nuts N Bolts, Problema Tic and Silver Nature have all previously won at Ayr.
– Auroras Encore, Lion Na Bearnai, Our Mick, Rigadin De Beauchene and Silver Nature are winners at Grade level.
– Auroras Encore finished second in the 2012 Scottish Grand National.
2013 Scottish Grand National Trifecta Tip
Rebeccas Choice (20/1) from Neptune Equester (15/1) and Auroras Encore (13/1)
Rebeccas Choice appears an ideal Grand National horse who has gotten into the field with a very light weight. The ten-year-old is an extremely consistent galloper who has been successful in the 32Red Handicap Chase and the Ken Muir Memorial Handicap Chase already this season. The son of Religiously only narrowly lost to Big Occasion in the Midlands Grand National Chase and meets him a great deal better at the weights in this race. Rebeccas Choice is an excellent each way Scottish Grand National bet.
Neptune Equester has improved in leaps and bounds this season after finishing thirteenth in the 2012 Aintree Grand National. The son of Sovereign Water has won at Wetherby twice this season and is another horse that has gotten into the field with an excellent weight.
Auroras Encore has proven that he is a Grand National specialist and must be respected. Although the son of Second Empire has stepped up significantly in weight his excellent record in true staying tests can’t be ignored. At his currents odds of 15/1 he is well worth a bet to make history and join the great Red Rum in the Grand National record books.
You can find the best 2013 Scottish Grand National odds at Bet365.
- Read more news on: 32Red Handicap Chase, Always Right, Andrew Parker, Auroras Encore, Big Occasion, Garleton, Godsmejudge, Grand National, Ken Muir Memorial Handicap Chase, Lion Na Bearnai, Lively Baron, Merigo, Midlands Grand National Chase, Mister Marker, Monster Cadou, Neptune Equester, Nigel Twiston-Davies, Nuts N Bolts, Our Mick, Problema Tic, Rebeccas Choice, Red Rum, Religiously, Rigadin De Beauchene, Rival D'estruval, Scottish Grand National, Silver Nature, Timmy Murphy