2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase Betting Preview
Sprinter Sacre will start the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase as the shortest priced favourite at the Cheltenham Festival since Arkle in the 1966 Cheltenham Gold Cup and is currently available at odds of 2/7 at Titan Bet (Free £35).
Sprinter Sacre has taken the racing world by storm since his impressive victory in the 2012 Arkle Challenge Trophy, winning both his starts this season by a combined twenty-nine lengths.
Is Sprinter Sacre a moral in the Queen Mother Champion Chase or is one of his opponents capable of pulling off the biggest upset in Cheltenham Festival history?
Our team of racing experts have analysed the form guide facts and betting statistics to come up with our top selections for the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase.
2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase and Betting Statistics
– The 2012 Queen Mother Champion Chase was won by Nicky Henderson-trained Finian’s Rainbow who was ridden by Barry Geraghty.
– Henderson and Geraghty will combine with Sprinter Sacre in 2013.
- Sizing Europe, Sprinter Sacre and Wishfull Thinking are all last start winners.
- Sanctuaire, Sizing Europe, Sprinter Sacre, Tataniano and Wishfull Thinking have all previously won at Cheltenham.
– Sizing Europe, Somersby and Sprinter Sacre are winners at Grade 1 level.
– The winner of the Tingle Creek Chase has gone on to win the Queen Mother Champion eight times in the last twelve years. The 2012 Tingle Creek Chase was won by Sprinter Sacre.
– Six of the last thirteen winners of the Arkle Challenge Trophy have gone on to win the Queen Mother Champion Chase.
2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase Trifecta Tip
Sprinter Sacre (2/7) from Sizing Europe (5/1) and Somersby (33/1)
Sprinter Sacre is a once in a generation equine talent who should win the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase in an impressive manner. The son of Network has won eleven of his thirteen career starts and hasn’t been defeated since the 2011 Cheltenham Festival. Although the odds on offer are very short they are better than bank interest and almost as certain. Don’t be afraid to simply sit back and enjoy seeing this equine superstar in action.
Sizing Europe finished second behind Finian’s Rainbow in the 2012 Queen Mother Champion Chase and has won all five starts since, including four triumphs at Grade level this season. In any other year Sizing Europe would be the clear favourite for the event but up against Sprinter Sacre he doesn’t stand much of a chance. The son of Pistolet Bleu is an excellent bet to run second and must be include in trifectas.
We have included Somersby to add some value to the trifecta. Somersby is a Grade 1 winner who has the ability to improve significantly for a big race. The son of Second Empire has been in average form this season but at his current odds is good value to finish in the top three.
You can find the best Queen Mother Champion Chase odds at Titan Bet (Free £35).
The best thing that you can receive a £35 free bet for signing-up at Titan Bet (Free £35) that can be used on any Cheltenham Festival betting market.