2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup Betting Preview
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is the most prestigious race of the jumps racing season and has been won by some of the greatest horses of all time like Arkle and Kauto Star.
The 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup is set to be one of the most intriguing runnings of the event in recent history with several horses considered chance to win.
Bobs Worth (11/4) is the current favourite in the 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup betting market at Titan Bet (Free £35) followed by Sir Des Champs (4/1), Silviniaco Conti (9/2) and Long Run (11/2).
This is an extremely interesting betting race so our team of horse racing experts have analysed the Cheltenham Gold Cup form guide and betting statistics to come up with our trifecta tip for the Blue Riband event of the Cheltenham Festival.
2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup Form Guide Facts and Betting Statistics
- The 2012 Cheltenham Gold Cup was won by the Jonjo O’Neill-trained Synchronised who was ridden by J.P. McManus.
- Jonjo O’Neill has entered Sunnyhillboy for the 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- Bobs Worth, Cape Tribulation, Long Run, Silviniaco Conti and Sir Des Champs are all last start winners.
- Bobs Worth, Cape Tribulation, Captain Chris, Long Run, Monbeg Dude, Sir Des Champs, Sunnyhillboy, The Giant Bolster and Wayward Prince have previously won at Cheltenham.
- Bobs Worth, Captain Chris, Long Run, Silviniaco Conti, Sir Des Champs are winners at Grade 1 level. The past thirteen winners of the Cheltenham Gold Cup had previously won at Grade 1 level.
- Bobs Worth and Long Run have previously won over the distance of the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- The King George VI Chase has featured nine of the last thirteen Cheltenham Gold Cup winners. Long Run won the 2012 King George VI Chase.
- Savannah in 1992 was the last horse to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup second-up. Bobs Worth heads into the race having had just one run this season.
- Nine of the last twelve winners have had previous success at the Cheltenham Festival. Bobs Worth, Long Run and Sir Des Champs have previously won at the Cheltenham Festival.
2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup Trifecta Tip
Long Run (11/2) from Silviniaco Conti (9/2) and Bobs Worth (4/1)
This is one of the most difficult races of the entire festival to analyze but after looking at the form guide closely Long Run appears to be the best value runner in the field. The son of Cadoudal won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2011 on the back off a very similar preparation to what he has had this season. Long Run finished second behind Silviniaco Conti in the Betfair Chase before an impressive victory over the strong field in the King George VI Chase. The winner of this race has an excellent record in the Cheltenham Gold Cup and at his current odds of 11/2 Long Run is a terrific bet.
Silviniaco Conti is undefeated this season and looks to be the main danger to Long Run. The son of Dom Alco started his season by winning the Charlie Hall Chase before going on to win the Grade 1 Betfair Chase and Denman Chase. The only question mark over Silviniaco Conti is how he will handle the Cheltenham track having only had one race at the track for a third place finish in the 2010 International Hurdle.
Bobs Worth is the clear favourite in the 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup betting market but at his current quote of 11/4 doesn’t represent good value. The Nicky Henderson-trained gelding was very impressive in the 2012 RSA Chase but has raced just once since in the Grade 3 Hennessy Gold Cup Chase. It is tough to back a horse with such little racing in his legs who is stepping up to this level for the first time.
Sign-up at Titan Bet (Free £35) and you can receive £35 free bet to back Long Run or any other horse in the 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup. .
You can find the best odds for the entire Cheltenham Festival at Titan Bet (Free £35).
- Read more news on: 2013 Cheltenham Gold Cup, Arkle, Betfair Chase, Bobs Worth, Cadoudal, Cape Tribulation, Captain Chris, Charlie Hall Chase, Cheltenham Festival, Cheltenham Gold Cup, Denman Chase, Dom Alco, Hennessy Gold Cup Chase, International Hurdle, J.P. McManus, Jonjo O'Neill, kauto star, King Geroge VI Chase, Long Run, Monbeg Dude, Nicky Henderson, RSA Chase, Savannah, Silviniaco Conti, Sir Des Champs, Sunnyhillboy, Synchronised, The Giant Bolster, Wayward Prince