2013 Denman Chase Betting Preview
The 2013 Denman Chase will be run at Newbury this Saturday with a field of nine horses.
This year the Grade 2 event has drawn a top field with a number of leading Cheltenham Festival contenders having their final run, before the highlight of the jumps season, in the race.
The Denman Chase has been a key trial race for the Cheltenham Gold Cup in recent years with Kauto Star (2007) and Denman (2008) both doing the double.
Leading Cheltenham Gold Cup contender Silviniaco Conti (4/7) is the favourite for the race in the betting market at Bet365 followed by The Giant Bolster (6/1), Menorah (8/1) and Mail De Bievre (8/1).
Although Silviniaco Conti is the clear favourite this is still a very interesting race and we have complied all the relevant form facts and betting statistics to come up with our top selections for the race.
2013 Denman Chase Form Guide Facts and Betting Statistics
– The 2012 Denman Chase was won by Nicky Henderson-trained Long Run.
– Henderson has Master of the Hall entered for this year’s race.
– Long Run was the pre-race favourite for the 2012 Denman Chase. Silviniaco Conti is the favourite for this year’s race.
– Long Run will not defend his title on Saturday.
– Menorah and Silviniaco Conti are both last start winners.
– Master of the Hall, Junior and Restless Harry have previously won at Newbury.
– Master of the Hall, Little Josh, Mail De Bievre, Menorah, Restless Harry, Silviniaco Conti, The Giant Bolster and Weird Al are all winners at Grade level.
– Mail De Bievre has not raced for 509 days.
2013 Denman Chase Trifecta Tip
Silviniaco Conti (4/7) from Menorah (8/1) Master of the Hall (20/1)
Silviniaco Conti has had a stellar jumps season and should continue his good form with a victory in this race. The son of Dom Alco comprehensively beat the highly rated Wayward Prince in the Grade 2 Charlie Hall Chase before scoring a comfortable victory in the Betfair Chase. The seven-year-old is coming off a seventy-seven day break which should have him in peak fitness for this race.
Menorah had a slow start to his jumping career but stamped himself as a Cheltenham Festival contender with a strong win in the Grade 2 Peterborough Chase. While the son of King’s Theatre has been plagued by inconsistency we believe that he is in career-best form and can give this race a shake at excellent odds.
Master of the Hall has struggled so far this season but will enjoy the tough slog that is the Denman Chase. The son of Saddlers’ Hall is one of the fittest horses in the race and if it turns into a true staying contest he is an excellent chance to finish in the placing’s. The nine-year-old is an excellent addition to add value to trifectas.
You can find the best odds for the 2013 Denman Chase and every other race this weekend at Bet365.
- Read more news on: Betfair Chase, Charlie Hall Chase, Cheltenham Festival, Cheltenham Gold Cup, Denman, Denman Chase, Dom Alco, Junior, kauto star, King's Theatre, Little Josh, Long Run, Mail De Bievre, Master of the Hall, Menorah, Nicky Henderson, Peterborough Chase, Restless HArry, Saddler's Hall, Silviniaco Conti, The Giant Bolster, Wayward Prince, Weird Al