2012 Champion Stakes Betting Preview
The Group 1 Champion Stakes is the feature race of British Champions Day at Ascot this Saturday and will feature equine superstar Frankel in his last ever career start.
While Frankel will the focus there is still a star studded field assembled for this prestigious race so our team of horse racing experts at horseracing.co.uk has complied a form guide analysis and betting preview.
The Champion Stakes was transferred to Ascot last year and now serves as the middle-distance final of the British Champion Series.
The race has gone from strength to strength in recent years and is now considered one of the most prestigious races in Europe.
To nobody’s surprise the favourite for this year’s race is Frankel who is priced at odds of 1/10 at Bet365.
He is followed in the betting market by Cirrus Des Aigles (7/1), Nathaniel (7/1) and Ridasiyna (16/1).
Will Frankel be able to finished his racing career with a perfect record of fourteen wins from fourteen races or will another horse spoilt the party?
To help punters answer this question we have gone over the Champion Stakes betting history, field and form to find all the facts and stats you need to know.
2012 Champion Stakes Form Facts and Betting Stats
– The 2011 Champion Stakes was won by Cirrus Des Aigles who was ridden by Christophe Soumillion.
– Cirrus Des Aigles will attempt to defend his title this year and will be ridden by Olivier Peslier.
– Cirrus Des Aigles was in the middle of the 2011 Champion Stakes betting markets and started the race at odds of 12/1.
– Ridasiyna, Pastoroius and Declaration of War are in the middle of this year’s betting market.
– Frankel, Cirrus Des Aigles, Ridasiyna, Pastorius, Declaration of War and Master of Hounds are all last start winners.
– Frankel is undefeated in thirteen race starts.
– Frankel, Cirrus Des Aigles and Nathaniel have all previously won at Ascot.
– Frankel, Cirrus Des Aigles, Nathaniel, Ridasiyna, Pastorius and Master of Hounds have all won Group 1 races.
2012 Champion Stakes Trifecta Tip
Frankel (1/10) from Cirrus Des Aigles (7/1) and Nathaniel (7/1)
How could you tip any other horse? Frankel has proven time and time again that he is one of the greatest horses in history. The son of Galileo has never lost in thirteen trips to the races and that incredible record should continue this weekend. He proved in the Juddmonte International that he can handle this trip and will have pacemaker Bullet Train to make sure the race is run at a good clip.
Cirrus Des Aigles is a sensational horse but isn’t on the same level of Frankel. The gelding has had an amazing forty-six career starts and the scary thing is that he keeps getting better. He defeated So You Think and Snow Fairy in this race last year so he obviously enjoys the trip and this course. If anybody is going to beat Frankel it is him.
Nathaniel is recovering from a high temperature that kept him out of the Arc but he should still be good enough to round out the trifecta in this terrific race. The John Gosden-trained four-year-old appreciates a soft track so he should enjoy the conditions on Saturday.
You can find all the best odds for the 2012 Champion Stakes at Bet365.
Don’t miss out on your last chance to place a bet on Frankel – one of the greatest horses of all time!
- Read more news on: British Champion Stakes, British Champions Days, Bullet Train, champion stakes, Christophe Soumillion, Cirrus Des Aigles, Declaration of War, Frankel, Galileo, John Gosden, Juddmonte International, Master of Hounds, Nathaniel, Olivier Peslier, Pastoroious, prix de l'arc de triomphe, Ridasiyna, Snow Fairy, So You Think